Friday 12 May 2017

Guest Post from Merely Existing is ME: Onwards

Guest post by MerelyExisting is ME for #May12BlogBomb 2017

 @tweetsforMECFS

Previous #May12BlogBomb posts:
2016 I wish...
2015 We Are Warriors 



Onwards towards new realities


Firstly I would like to say a big hello to everyone as I’ve been too unwell to manage any attempts at social media for the best part of a year, but I really wanted to make contact and post (a brief) something for this year’s ME Awareness campaign.

So what’s happening? I do feel so out of touch with everyone and everything…
For me its three and a half years now since my world turned upside down from ME/CFS and I honestly had no idea just how unwell and incapacitated it is possible to feel, BUT with very aggressive rest and extreme pacing I am sometimes able to manage brief spells of feeling slightly less deathly… HOORAH !

Prior to December 2013 I was working full-time in healthcare and now I am about to enter ill-health retirement almost two decades too early, which is not something I ever imagined happening.

I don’t know what the future holds but I am learning a new reality, to take and deal with each minute, hour, day as it comes, and I keep hope for those moments when symptoms ease a little.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is REAL, its PHYSICAL and it destroys lives so please help in raising awareness and support… so that we can start living again and not just existing.

#May12BlogBomb 2017

MerelyExisting is ME @tweetsforMECFS 

No comments:

Post a Comment